MediaTek , the Taiwan-based semiconductor leader launched its MT6739 SoC designed for mid- to entry-level 4G smartphone on Wednesday at the ongoing India Mobile Congress (IMT) 2017 in New Delhi. The high-speed quad-core system on chip (SoC) is built to meet rapidly growing 4G market
The important highlights include
- MediaTek MT6739 SoC is basically designed for mid- to entry-level 4G smartphones.
- It supports 18:9 display and also features dual-camera photography.
- Helio P23: MediaTek’s new chipset introduced to India.
Apart from the above mentioned points, the MediaTek MT6739 SoC features an advanced WorldMode LTE Cat. 4 modem, dual-camera photography and 18:9 display support to bring the latest 4G LTE functions to users. It is a quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 processor and operates up to 1.5GHz.
Dr Finbarr Moynihan, General Manager, International Corporate Sales, MediaTek said that “Consumers expect smartphones to do more than ever before. That’s why we designed the smartphone chipsets with features to let you share, do and capture more and at the same time plug in less,” he also added that “Our latest offering in India allows OEMs and ODMs to create 4G-entry smartphones that deliver premium features that provide high-end value at affordable prices”.
MediaTek is also introducing its Helio P23 chipset to India. It comprises of
- The MediaTek Helio P23 delivers higher performance and power efficiency.
- It supports dual-camera photography, dual-SIM and dual 4G VoLTE capabilities.
Both MT6739 and Helio P23-enabled devices will be available in India and the global market by the end of this year.